The institutional Federation that associates the Public Local Health Units, the Public Hospital Trustees and the Italian Municipalities
Who We Are
Actually, 166 Public Local Units/Public Hospital Trustees (on 220), and all the Italian Municipalities (above 8.100) are associated to FedersanitÃ -ANCI
It acts as an interests Association and it aims at developing integrated policies and actions along the paths of health and social integration.
Established in October 1995, FedersanitÃ -ANCI was able to contribute to the process of corporatization and integration of services began in the early 90s.
It consists of 18 Regional Federations.
The main goal of FedersanitÃ -ANCI is to work to improve the public healthcare system. In practice, it means to reduce the hospital lenght of the patients, to foster the extra-hospital services, to support the hospitals efficacy and effectiveness, and to improve the rehabilitation system.
- to activate appropriate links and relationships with State and Regions, other public and private institutions, political parties and social representations
- to improve the quality and the effectiveness of the social/welfare and health services
- to stress the efficacy through the improvement of the integration among different services both at national and local level;
- to identify guidelines and strategies for the board members activities;
- to promote initiatives such as studies and proposals, training workshop, provide technical assistance, select assets and the rationalization of expenditures and their integration.